We would like to know how we can improve our service to you and how you perceive the Practice and our staff.
We formed a Patient Reference Group (PRG) to ensure patients are involved in decisions about the range and quality of services provided by the Practice; and over time the services commissioned by the practice.
Our initial aims are quite simple, we intend to establish a small group of patients who will work with us to identify issues and help us engage the views of a wider group of patients through the use of a practice survey. We envisage the PRG will also champion the issues and challenges faced by the practice and engage proactively with patients to develop a better understanding and working relationship between the practice and their patients.
In summary the PRG will:
- Assist in communicating to patients how recent changes to the NHS and their GP Practice will affect the services we provide
- Inform the doctors about the level and standard of service their Practice provides from a patient perspective
- Help the practice decide on overall service priorities
- Help patients understand more about their medical condition/problems including specific topics, e.g. Diabetes and Heart Disease
- Help provide information on the help available, support groups and networks
- Help improve the patient experience when attending the surgery
- Act as a conduit between the practice GPs and their Patients to improve awareness of the issues and challenges facing the Practice.
Our aim is to have a Patient Reference Group, who will represent patients’ registered with all three practices at the Cheam GP Centre. Ideally we would like to set up a group across involving all age ranges, with representation from carers, mums and dads, younger and older people.
If you wish to participate please contact the Practice or complete the online form by clicking on the button shown below
OR: if you prefer, you can download the sign-up form below, print it out, fill it in, and post it to the Practice, put it through the letterbox, or hand it to a Receptionist.
We aim to acknowledge your request within a few days.
Please note that the PPG cannot become involved in matters of a specifically medical or clinical nature.
The National Association of Patient Participation
This association aims to promote the role and benefits of PPGs to patients, the public and health professionals, to create more understanding of the value of true patient participation also to promote the support available from N.A.P.P. Find out more about them click here.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.